DTS Has Begun!

Here in our second week of DTS. It's been a crazy adventure so far. Busy for sure, but very good! I made it here safely after a long flight from LA to Dallas, followed by a bit worry-some two hour wait at the airport, and a two hour ride to the base. But, as they say, all is well that ends well! During week 1, or "Orientation week", we had a bunch of various speakers on lots of topics. MY favorite though, was a lecture we had on spending quiet time with Jesus. Heather Crane did an amazing job descirbing God's love for us, as she drew parallels between the story of a Jewish engagement process, nd marriage, and hoe Jesus came, and ransomed us as the concecrated bride of Christ..so good! A good quote about quiet time was: "It will improve every relationship in your life..especially your relationship with God, and when you have it, the people around you feel it.." On Sunday, we had the privilege of attending "Cowboy Church". So fun! It was such a special experience. Sitting in that barn-like building filled with soo many different people, even my row was full of people from all different states, and Canada. All were seeking and worshipping this amazing God..such a crazy, diverse, patch-work of people. Why does this work? How can so many different hearts come together in awe and worship of this one God? Words from class come flooding into the forefront of my mind.."Because He is objectively beautiful..objectively worthy. Even if the whole world was full of athiests, He would still be the most valuable thing in the universe.." His value has nothing to do with our opinion or perception of Him. This, this is why we may all come and worship Him, because Him being worthy has nothing to do with our backround or circumstance. I'm so glad that this is the God we worship when we stand and sing. This week our speaker spoke on Christianity, True and False Repentance, and how to know if you are truely saved. Based on 1st John 1. It was very challenging, but convicting and good! We thought a lot about all or nothing. I had to surrender my reputation and will to Him again..but He is so good. Looking forward to what this next week has in store! Hopefully not too many more icy winds, snow or icicles..I'm definitely not made for winter weather! Thank you all for reading and praying for me. I really appreciate your thoughts and prayers. You can keep praying for my heart to be softened to what He wants to do and speak to me. If anyone would like to send me mail, my address is Mail may be sent to: Your name (list your school e.g. DTS-KV) P.O. Box 3000 Garden Valley, TX 75771-3000 For UPS and Fedex use the physical address: Your name c/o Twin Oaks Ranch 20131 FM 16 West Lindale, TX 75771 Blessins!

Comments

  1. Sounds amazing! I am so glad that you have this opportunity. It is an experience that we should all have, but few of us do.

    So mail should be sent to:
    Cayla Bertelsen (Winter DTS)
    P.O. Box 3000
    Garden Valley, Texas 75771-3000

    Packages (UPS or FEDEX):
    Cayla Bertelsen (Winter DTS)
    c/o Twin Oaks Ranch
    20131 FM 16 West
    Lindale, TX 75771

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know we'll be praying! One thing I keep discovering to my dismay is that the closer I think I'm getting to God, the more I realize how far I still have to go--and he loves anyway!.... He knew it all along :))

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts