Troubles, Heartache and Sorrow: A bit of what God's teaching me

   "Our days may come to 70 years, or 80 if our strength endures; yet the best of them are but trouble and sorrow, for they quickly pass, and we fly away."
~Psalms 90:10
   
   This verse can be a beautiful thing! It brings to mind something a dear friend recently told me, It is in the hard times of life...in the "trouble and sorrow," that we grow the most if we allow God to carry our hearts and shape us to be more like Him. 


  
    And it was these words that changed my whole perspective, "If I know that the fruit of all this hard stuff, is that I can come out being more like Jesus, I sure can put up with a whole lot of hard stuff!"
   
   When I allow this to be my perspective, it changes everything. This scripture is transformed from a hopeless statement of doom, to something filled with promise! Promise of a life that can be full of drawing near to God's heart through every season because the Lord is close to the brokenhearted....to the ones who are confused and overwhelmed...longing for something deeper to fill the soulful longing. 



  
   This reality that He is near, paints the very picture of hope and possibility of a life of growing- of every waking moment, growing closer to God's heart and falling more deeply in love with Him as He carries us through every season.




   Even if our life was filled with trouble and sorrow, what a beautiful thing it could be, if in all that yucky mess, we were all the time being changed to look a little more like Jesus. 

   All of my life, in every season, you are still God - I have a reason to sing. I have a reason to worship...

Comments

Popular Posts