Little steps lead to big adventures!

Thoughts from Paris:
   So many thoughts ran through my head! I was so overwhelmed as I stepped onto the plane I couldn't help but be conscious of the significance of the step I was taking. It has been so many years in coming since the first time God spoke to my heart and told me to go to South Africa. Now, I was finally on my way.

   The thing that first came I to me head as I stepped on the plane was not about the big step that was taking me on the flight across the world, but it was fact that this was not actually a big step at all. The final step onto the plane, and even the first time I set my foot in Africa was only another step in the adventure that God has been taking me on. I was so aware of the fact that if I had not been obedient to the countless small and seemingly insignificant steps in between, there was no way I would be where I was. It is the small steps of obedience that lead me to fulfilling the big dreams of God's heart and the big calls on my life. I am preaching to myself when I say this.  
   So, I just want to use this as encouragement to anyone who feels like they are on a road in between- no act of obedience and investment in The Lord is insignificant. No matter how small or silly things may seem, it is the obedience in the small things on the mundane days that lead us to a place where we can fulfill the big dreams in God's heart! 
 
   
From here on out:
   Tomorrow we are planning on hiking into the beautiful mountains that surround the city of Muizenburg. We have our welcome dinner tomorrow night, and we begin classes on Monday! We will begin our journey of learning how to teach all that is exploding in our hearts in an effective way. After a year of hard cranking, the "jack-in-the-boxes" that were us bible students, are about to explode into Africa! This is just the beginning of an exciting journey ahead.

   Thank you for your love and prayers! Much love,
Cayla Adara

Comments

  1. I love this! It is so true that obedience in the little things leads the Lord to trust us with the bigger things that He has planned in advance for us to do. I am so proud of you for your obedience and faithfulness to Him even when it has been hard. You are a great example to us. Keep running the race set before you with endurance. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm stoked you're blogging about your adventures with Titus Project - great way to see how you guys are doing over there!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts