The Power of "With"

Togetherness changes everything. I believe it with my whole heart; not only from the statistics I've read about loneliness leading to depression and suicide, but also from my own life and my own walk with God. Togetherness changes everything.



Quality Time

I have a thought am pondering. It's one that I don't know the root of...I may have thought it up myself, but the chances are higher that I probably heard it from someone, somewhere, sometime (You know? One of those.). I'd like to share it with you- it's about love languages.

I think you've probably heard of the 5 love languages- they say they are: acts of service, physical touch, quality time, words of affirmation and gifts. These are the top general categories in which we give and receive love. If God has created both mankind and love, then I think He must know the languages of love best of all. I'm sure He speaks them well- why not practice them with Him? 

The experts say that you have a primary love language. This is the way that you most naturally give and receive love. For me, the love language of quality time is up there near the top of my list. A way that I love people and feel loved is by spending undivided time with them. Just as togetherness is a key component in strong relationships with people, it is also a key component in relationship with God. 

John 15:4-11

"Abide in me as I abide in you. Just as the branch cannot bear fruit by itself unless it abides in the vine, neither can you unless you abide in me. I am the vine and you are the branches. Those who abide in me and I in them bear much fruit, because apart from me you can do nothing. Whoever does not abide in me is thrown away like a branch and withers; such branches are gathered, thrown into the fire, and burned. If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask for whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. My Father is glorified by this, that you bear much fruit and become my disciples. As the Father has loved me, so I have loved you; abide in my love. If you keep my commandments, you will abide in my love, just as I have kept my Father's commandments and abide in His love. I have said these things to you so that my joy may be in you, and that your joy may be complete." 

I love this passage. I especially love the last sentence, "I have said these things to you so that my joy may be in you, and that your joy may be complete." Jesus wants them to know that the joy He carries comes from this "being with" the Father- this abiding. Doing life always with Jesus leads to fullness of joy. We are created to be with God.

Be With Him

The past few days I have had the privilege to get away from the city and the business of daily life and stay with some dear friends. During this time, I've had an anticipation of what God would do, of  what He would would speak, and what He has been inviting me to has been so simple: just to be with Him. How wonderful He is! 

There is nothing so healing for the soul as simply to be with Jesus. Be with Jesus. Be with Him. He is beautiful and kind; He is everything you heart longs for and more than you can imagine.

Sit with Jesus. Go on a walk with Him. Sing to Him. Talk to Him. Sit in the silence and let Him speak tenderly to your heart- hear Him sing over you. Go on a run with Him. Do dishes with Him. Watch a movie with Him. Have tea together. Read with Him; read His word and let Him reveal His heart. 

I cannot say it enough, only because it is soooo good. He is so good! Be with Him. Be aware that He is with you. Not a moment of this time will be wasted because doing life together with Him leads us into the fullness of life that He created us for and there is nothing, nothing better.

Comments

  1. Manostaxx
    TOP 10 STYLE FATHER’S DAY BUYS!
    https://producaoindustrialblog.wordpress.com/2017/06/05/10-fathers-day-buys/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts