In Transition

My prayer wall

In Transition

Last year I heard a lot of sermons and teachings on the topic of transition. People spoke about things like, "where is God in transition?", "what do I do in times where things are constantly changing?" and "how to prepare your heart for what is coming next." I almost feel like I should be some kind of transition professional or something. After all, aren't we almost always in a season we could call "transitional"? When speakers asked for a showing of hands on who felt they were in a time of transition, almost every hand went up.

In some times of transition we go through more drastic changes, where others are almost a walk in the park. Now I would say I am going through a more of an extreme transition and I have felt the challenges of it- but where do I go from here? What do you do in the middle?

In times of transition between cultures, people groups, relationships and occupations- where is there a sense of constancy? It is in these times that I remember, above all, no matter where in the world I am or who I am with, God is my rock. I am challenged and encouraged to press into Him harder than ever before- to know Him and to grow in intimacy. When I have asked God what He wants to teach me in this time of transition, I am challenged to grow in prayer.

Why Prayer

Why prayer? I don't know, but I do know that it is powerful and it changes things. I am encouraged to know that prayer enlarges our hearts to receive what God wants to give and it also brings our hearts closer to our Father so that we can be living out of a place of intimacy and knowing what is in His heart. I pray to know Him and to see His will accomplished.

Galatians 6:7-8 "Do not be deceived: God is not mocked, for whatever one sows, that will he also reap. For the one who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap corruption, but the one who sows to the Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life." So, even in times of transition, it is a time of sowing. Sowing in prayer and time with Jesus during times of change, prepares us to walk in fruitfulness during times of steadiness. I am ready to be sowing to the Spirit. 

Rom 12:12 "Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer."

To those of you in transition times, I would encourage to seek the Fathers heart- ask Him, "Lord, what do you want to teach me in this time?" And to anyone who has it laid on your heart to pray- pray. God moves on behalf of our prayers and He also brings us closer to His heart which is a wonderful platform for every season of our lives!

Comments

  1. Manostaxx
    TOP 10 STYLE FATHER’S DAY BUYS!
    https://producaoindustrialblog.wordpress.com/2017/06/05/10-fathers-day-buys/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts