A visit from home

My two worlds meet

These past 10 days, my Mama and Grandma came to visit me here in South Africa. They brought my California home to me, while getting to experience the new home that I have gotten to make in this beautiful country! It was such a gift to me!

A word to my Mama and Grandma...

Ahhhh...so much laughter, so many tears, so many fun and spontaneous adventures! A time of experiencing together the great dichotomy of His Kingdom come, yet still coming. Getting to surrender together, to our beautiful Father and learning what it looks like for Him to bring that Kingdom through us here and now- wherever that might take us. 

I am so thankful for every second of it all- chasing sunrises and sunsets and so much beauty. For getting to stand next to you and having you stand next to me and taking it all in together; knowing that you were standing there thinking the same thing, "Jesus, what faithfulness...what great and loving faithfulness." And we were both just overwhelmed by it all. 


Thank you for coming and stepping into the beautiful (and sometimes crazy) world that I have had the privilege to come into myself. Thank you for bringing such love and beauty and wisdom with you wherever you go and letting it spill out on everyone you touch...I love that. Jesus loves that. Thanks for the walks, drives, teas and coffee's; for cooking in my kitchen and rearranging my house furniture in the middle of the night! Thank you for listening to my heart. Thank you for being my Mama. 

What a gift to worship with you again! What a gift to dance and sing before our Jesus, alongside His children from so many different nations and tongues...Ahhh! What a gift to sit together at the feet of Jesus and just pour our hearts out to Him, knowing that He hears us. What a gift to have you know and see, hear and experience the people and places I have come to love so much! What a gift to know that now you love them too.


Having you around was such a beautiful and wonderful thing! I eagerly await the next time we get to do life together! Even more so, I can't wait for the days when all things are made perfect and we get to be with all those that we love in the beautiful and perfect presence of our God. Then our hearts will no longer have to ache from loving so many all around the world! But until that day- may His Kingdom come more and more as we love Him together. All to the glory and praise of His wonderful name!


                      
                            
                            
                            
                                         
                                  
                                  
                                  
                                  








                                            







                                    
                                                   


Mama, Grandma- you are welcome here in South Africa any time! Come again soon...Xoxoxo

**Photo Credit: Jessica Hare, Charlene Mani, Tammy Bertelsen and Me!

Comments

  1. Oh, my love, what a pleasure it was to visit you! I can't even begin to describe what a gift it was to be with you in the place that you love, with the people that you love. So many stunningly beautiful sights, so many incredible people! I understand why you love living there and love the people that you work with and serve. Your ministry is so amazing and your heart is so beautiful. It was also so comforting to see how much people love and adore you there.

    ReplyDelete

  2. Hello!! I'am glad to read the whole content of this blog and am very excited.Thank you.
    ตารางคะแนนลาลีกา

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts