For the sake of the one



Inspired by Amy 

I've been here is South Africa for about 10 days now and throughout my time here so far, I've had a lot of free time on my hands. In this time I've taken the opportunity to read a book about Amy Charmichael, a missionary to India and I have been amazed at her life. She lived with dedication and boldness that I only pray I could have.


In her venture into missions, Amy had one goal- to see lost souls saved. To this end, Amy dedicated countless hours of language study, lots of prayer and hours of preaching the gospel. She traveled far and loved deeply, never giving up opportunities to reach people if it was in her power to do so. I am inspired by her dedication to what we would call, a radical life of ministry. 

In her times with the Lord before she would go out to teach or visit homes, she would often ask Him how many people she should "ask for," and in turn, God would give Amy a number- two, five, maybe only one. Whether it was for ten, or for one, Amy would travel to far villages and city homes- numbers were not the goal, but the souls of those to whom she went.
This morning our team was also reflecting on this topic of going for the "one". We dedicate ourselves to studying and traveling and teaching and reaching out for the one soul who the Spirit wants to touch. We go and we trust that God has a specific person He will encounter through us.

God goes after the one 

God goes after the one- we see it all through scripture, especially in Luke 15 (the lost sheep, the lost coin and the lost son). The Father sees individual lives and individual hearts. If He can use my one life to touch the life of one other, that will be worth it.

Look for your "One"

I am challenged by the Lord to care for individuals as He does. Imagine what could happen if we woke up every day and asked God to open our eyes to see just one person that He would want to love through us? The results could be amazing! So, I invite you to join me. When you wake up tomorrow morning, ask God to open your eyes and soften your heart towards one- the one He would love through you. Try it again the next morning, and the next and let's see what God will do!


Jesus, use me daily to reach the one upon your heart.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts