No Turning Back

   It's the middle of week three here in South Africa. We are just finishing up our time of learning how to teach the Bible and to communicate effectively to an African culture (which happens to be mostly through stories...so fun!). It has been a wild ride already and it's only just beginning.
   
   Today I did my practice teaching on forgiveness, repentance and reconciliation. After I finished I took a breath, sat down, and cried. It was so heavy. 

   Repentance, forgiveness and reconciliation is hard- even the words cause pain to a lot of people. But, I believe that the Spirit of God is going to move heavily as we teach. I feel the weight of anticipation on my Spirit. 

  
  I think back to the weeping prophet Jeremiah. He wept because he carried the burden of the heart of God for His people. Our God is a God of restoration and redemption. The weight = the intensity with which the Lord loves His people. 

   I have an anticipation in my Spirit, and I don't take it lightly. This is just one of those seasons in your life that you know changes everything forever. When I take another second to pray again for these people, my heart quickens and skips a beat...it's finally here! 

   The time is here...it is now. The ones I've prayed for for years are so close. These ones I've waited to see, talked about, cried for- I am about to see them! I'm about to hear their voices, see their smiles, feel their warm hand-shakes and welcomes. I get to step into their lives and teach them! I get to share the love and passion that my sweet Jesus has poured into my heart. A passion for His word, His healing, His life

   It is almost too sweet, Jesus. Why me? I can hardly even pronounce the click in their names Xhosa. I just laugh at myself when I try! I am overwhelmed at this privilege and so very aware of the fact that God does not in fact call the qualified, but qualifies those He calls. 

   I am here. I claim it now: My God Redeems. I have seen it, and I feel it. There is no turning back! God's heart beats for Africa.

  Invitation: As some of you already know, tomorrow I am having  day of prayer and fasting for South Africa and our time of ministry here (which will begin officially next week). I would love it if you would like to join us as we fast and pray (or just pray). What I usually do is take the time where I would normally prepare/eat my meal, and intentionally wait on the Lord and pray. If you would like to join us we will be praying for these things.

Prayer Points: 
  • The Xhosa/Colored people (these are the two people groups we will be teaching
  • That people's hearts would be softened to the message we are bringing 
  • That we would be able to teach and communicate effectively
  • That our team would inspire these people to a hunger/love for God's word! 
  • Team unity! (In our team: Leader- Justin & his wife Tara Teachers: Rafael, Mike, Thelma and I) 
  • That God would be glorified in our weakness! 
  • That We would stay healthy and warm (as this is the cold season!)
  • That our teaching preparation times would be led by the Spirit and productive
  • As we teach God's Spirit would move through us to the hearts of those we are teaching!
Thank you so much to all who are joining us in prayer! I am so excited to have you partnering with me in what God is doing over here through His word! 

Love and blessings!
~Cayla Adara 

Comments

  1. I'll pray for you. Tes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will pray with you Cayla! Blessings on you and your team!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So amazing to watch God work in your life.....yes, you have our continued prayer. XX
    Grandpa

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts