November 2014 Update

     Hello! I hope you are having a lovely week. Thanks for following My Journey!

     It has been about a month and half since I returned from spending the Summer in South Africa where I went as a Bible Teacher. Now I am back home in sunny Southern California, gearing up for my 2nd winter this year. Although if you aren't from Southern California, I can almost guarantee you are chuckling to yourself and thinking,
     “What winter?”
     If this is you...you are absolutely right! We would love some of your rain so please feel free to send it our way!

     So, what is next? Lots of people have asked me this since I returned, and I have spent many hours in prayer about it myself. After waiting on the Lord, I feel that I have more clarity, peace and direction than I ever thought was possible.

     Is it South Africa? Yes! But, not yet.
I am planning to spend this year living at home with my family as I prepare for the years ahead. During this year I will be: connecting with friends and family, working part time, leading a Bible study with a friend of mine (in which we study and discuss through the whole Bible chronologically in the next nine months), and volunteering as a youth leader at my home church. This is going to be a restful season for me, and I am looking forward to seeing all that God will do during this time!

     If you would like to be praying for me, you can pray for:
  • Rest during this year
  • Sweet time to reconnect with family and friends
  • A computer (as my current one is on it's way out)
  • Transportation for during this time I will be home
  • More specific wisdom and direction about how to prepare to return to S.A.
  • For God to prepare my heart for this upcoming time in S.A.
     Then, in January 2016 I am planning on heading back to South Africa to join the team of Missionaries that I got to work with over the summer. In general when I go back I will get to work with both the Bible School that runs out of the YWAM (Youth With A Mission) base in Muizenberg, and the pastors in the local church communities. In the future I will post more about this. For now though, here is a video about the ministry that I will be joining which is called “Titus Local,” and what we do.


Thank you for your prayers, have a wonderful day!
Blessings in Him,

Cayla 

Comments

Popular Posts