The Gift of Family

     One of the things I was most looking forward to about coming home for this year, was getting to spend it with my family. I really love family...I think it is something that God loves too. And, I feel so thankful to belong to the Bertelsen Family!

     When I go away and meet new friends, I love telling stories about my family because they are such a big part of who I am. Once you have gotten to meet them, you will probably notice the way I laugh like my mom, get my value of hard work from my dad, sing like my sisters and have a love of adventure like my little brother. Families are a place to find belonging and love without having to prove yourself. They are meant to be there for you; people who are safe and encouraging. 

     This Thanksgiving season I have been feeling especially thankful for them and for the way they have loved and supported me through my life whether I have been close to home or far away. I know I can always count on their prayers, loving messages and calls! None of us are perfect, but we love Jesus and He gives us grace to love one another in all our imperfections.

     Loving each other was on of the biggest values my parents worked to instill in us. I remember my mom telling me countless times,
     "If you can't love the people in your very own family, how can you expect to be able to love people the people outside of it?"
     Thank you mom, for teaching me that love starts small and simple, multiplying from the inside out. I am challenged once again by this simple statement. 
   Love happens one day at a time. 1 2 3, go! I am looking forward to celebrating the gift of family this holiday season! 

     Blessings to you and your family this Thanksgiving! May God give you the grace to embrace loving those closest to you, even in all their imperfections.

Fall Family Highlights: 
Christian Assembly's Halloween "Cars and Candy," festival

Enjoying one of our favorite places on earth!


Celebrating Gabrielle turning 15!


One of our favorite breakfast spots, Krispy Kreme Donuts

Celebrating Simeon's 13th Birthday!






Horse Back Riding adventures!

Enjoying the beautiful California sunset from our rooftop


Simeon 


Comments

  1. You are such a treasure! Thank you so much for this beautiful post. I love you and am enjoying having you home (for now.) I am looking forward to celebrating, growing and loving together while we have this gift of time. God has blessed us so much with such amazing people in our family.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts